Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
Instructions for accessing services are below:
Academic Services, which includes the services of the Registrar and Student Success, is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday except for holidays and campus closures. You may also call 805-493-3105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions and front desk services or general questions. Students wishing to meet with their Student Success Counselor will need to schedule an appointment.
- Many academic-related forms can be found here. This includes electronic forms for adding and withdrawing from or dropping classes.
- Students needing assistance from Disability Support Services should contact them at email@example.com or 805-493-3464.
- Students requiring services from the grant programs Student Support Services and ALLIES in STEM should contact Elena Jaloma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3602.
- The Samuelson Aquatics Center is open for drop-in swim from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. For questions, contact Craig Rond at email@example.com.
- View Forrest Fitness Center hours. Review the Usage Policies before visiting.
- Memorial Field is available for recreation activities such as throwing or kicking balls.
- Virtual yoga and Zumba classes are offered on Zoom. For more information and access to recorded yoga classes, click here.
Student Accounts is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Physical distancing and face masks are required. No more than two visitors can be in the lobby at any given time with others waiting outside. Students needing services can also contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-493-3173.
The Office of Campus Ministry is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can access the Campus Ministry Office through the main doors of Samuelson Chapel. Pastoral counseling is confidential and done primarily on Zoom. Information on counseling, religious programming and other topics is available on the Campus Ministry website.
The Campus Safety Office is open for walk-up service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additionally, faculty, staff, and students may call Campus Safety at 805-493-3208 to schedule an appointment. Faculty, staff and students may use the Campus Safety webpage to apply for a parking permit or to submit an ID photo. For after-hours assistance, call 805-493-3208. Campus Safety officers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As of May 24, 2021 the Campus Store will be open with summer hours of 10 AM – 2 PM Monday through Friday. The Store will be closed weekends, Memorial Day and July 4.
All Counseling and Psychological Services are available remotely. Students may call us at 805-493-3727 to schedule an appointment or for a psychological crisis during emergency hours. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Career Services is open by appointment only. To meet with a counselor, please click Make an Appointment online on the homepage, or join one of the many scheduled workshops, events, career chats or drop-in advising hours via Zoom.
All services are available remotely. For information on process and reporting, please visit www.callutheran.edu/care/.
The Community Cupboard is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Samuelson Chapel. After hours the Cupboard is accessible by contacting Campus Safety at (805) 493-3208. A limited supply of grocery store cards are available. Please contact Elizabeth Lohr-Myers for details (805) 493-3228, email@example.com.
Health Services will be open by appointment only during regular hours (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 4:30 p.m. except for Chapel Hour on Thursday, and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.). Call 805-493-3225 to make an appointment.
The library is open for student study from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Pearson Library's print books and DVDs are available to the Cal Lutheran community through the Contact-Free Hold Pickup service. Please place a hold on the item you want in the library’s catalog, and an email will be sent to you to schedule your pickup time. All other services, such as Librarian Assistance and Course Reserves, are available virtually. Please check the Library Alerts & Resources Guide for the most up-to-date information.
Postal and Shipping Services
Mailroom/Printing Services will remain open with slightly reduced hours and physical-distancing guidelines in place. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. We are accepting walk-ins. For questions, contact Ben Hengst at 805-493-3188.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call 805-493-3220 for assistance.
The office is open for walk-up service from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additionally, appointments can be scheduled by calling 805-493-3553.
The office is open by appointment only with urgent walk-in appointments held outside. We are offering virtual programming and in-person small group programming outside on campus.
- Outdoor Spaces at Thousand Oaks Campus – Covered outdoor spaces with wireless access, convenience power and lighting are available for all students. These areas are available until 10 p.m. each day. The spaces are indicated on the campus map.
- Indoor and Outdoor Study, Oxnard Center, 2201 Outlet Center Dr. #600
- Monday through Thursday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Please call Bryan Rupley at 805-493-3051 for any questions.
The Student Union is available for reservable study space from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For information, contact the Student Union staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a reservation, go to https://callutheran.libcal.com/booking/student-union.
- Information for Students Who Will Be Attending Summer Classes
Thu May 13, 2021
Beginning in late May, Cal Lutheran will start offering summer classes on our main campus and at our Woodland Hills and Oxnard campus. The following outlines protocols for in-person class attendance.
- Services and Facilities Available in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard
Wed May 12, 2021
Find operating hours and information on how to access services on campus.
- Vaccine Eligibility in California (and Mobile Testing Trailer at Thousand Oaks Campus on April 19)
Thu April 15, 2021
California has opened COVID vaccine eligibility to all Californians 16 and up starting today, April 15, 2021. Cal Lutheran has been and continues to be a strong advocate of inoculating the campus community.
- Changes at Cal Lutheran as Counties Move to "Orange Tier"
Thu April 8, 2021
As was the case when Ventura County transitioned from the Purple to Red Tier, this transition relaxes some of the Covid-related guidelines for meetings, events, and building occupancies.
- Changes at Cal Lutheran as County Moves to "Red Tier"
Thu March 18, 2021
Yesterday, the County of Ventura moved to the State’s Red Tier. The move from Purple to Red was due to a combination of declining case counts and the emerging benefits of widespread vaccines.
- Plans for the Fall 2021 Semester
Fri March 12, 2021
We anticipate holding in-person classes for our traditional undergraduate students, having well over 1,000 students living in on-campus residential facilities, and sponsoring a wide range of co-curricular activities.
- Vaccines for Cal Lutheran employees/ Vacunas para los empleados de Cal Lutheran
Tue February 23, 2021
There is good news regarding Cal Lutheran employees' access to the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Commencement information
Mon February 22, 2021
Drive-in ceremonies at the Ventura County Fairgrounds in May will honor '20 and '21 graduates.
- Outdoor classroom information
Wed February 10, 2021
Information about outdoor classrooms on our Thousand Oaks campus.
- Health Protocols for Spring
Tue February 9, 2021
Additional measures we have taken for spring semester as part of our slow and cautious reopening plan.